JL Audio MV700/5i
Local Pickup Only
Amplifier plus DSP
The MVi Series marine amplifiers combine JL Audio’s latest amplifier technology with powerful digital signal processing, providing unprecedented sound quality for your music. JL Audio teamed up with micro-device maker AKM™ to create this customized processor-amp hybrid. They also improved the amp’s Class D performance by making the signal path through the amp shorter, placing the output capacitor banks nearer the outputs, and using up-to-date DirectFET® MOSFET output devices, resulting in higher efficiency, reliability, and audio quality.
75 watts RMS by four channels plus 300 watts for a sub and more
The MV700/5i five-channel amplifier puts 75 watts RMS out to four channels and up to 300 watts RMS out to a sub channel, and it features six additional channels of digital signal processing. You can bridge this amplifier into 3-channel mode to power a pair of high-performance speakers with up to 200 watts RMS each, a sub with 300 watts, plus send six processed signals on to separate amplifiers to power even more speakers. You can sum and re-route the eight input channels, the signals for multiple factory tweeters and woofers in multiple locations for example, using the TüN™ software to produce five channels of powered output, plus six processed preamp signals for other amps to handle.
The 24-bit 96 kHz processing for each channel includes signal routing and mixing, 10-band parametric EQ, time alignment, high- and low-pass filters, and output level control with 0.1 dB precision. In addition to tuning the audio signal, the processor provides a master clock signal for the Class D amplification, increasing audio accuracy.
Remote control only
You make all your settings and adjustments from your compatible device running JL Audio’s TüN™ software.
- PC and Mac OS: TüN 3.0 — requires a USB connection (6′ cable included with amp)
- Android and iOS tablets: TüN Mobile — requires Bluetooth connection and the VXi-BTC Bluetooth communicator (sold separately)
- Android phones and Apple iPhones: TüN Express (for Basic setups only) — requires Bluetooth connection and the VXi-BTC Bluetooth communicator (sold separately)
Other accessories you may want with this amp
This MVi amplifier features JLid™ inter-device connection ports for JL Audio’s proprietary network system for controlling data. The DRC-205 digital remote control and DRCADAPT adapter lets you adjust the master volume, switch between up to six preset tunings, and indicates the amp’s status via LED. An optional MVi-HUB marine network hub comes in handy when you have three or more MVi amps in your system, coordinating all the adjustments and controls.
- 5-channel marine amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 + 180 watts RMS x 1 (at 4 ohms)
- 100 watts RMS x 4 + 300 watts RMS x 1 (at 2 ohms)
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 300 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Class D amplifier design with NexD2™ switching amp technology
- cast-alloy chassis with marine-grade powder coat finish and corrosion-resistant hardware and connectors
- water-resistance rating IPX2 (can take an indirect splash) when mounted vertically with connections pointed downward
Digital Signal Processing:
- 24-bit 96 kHz digital processing
- DSP adjustments and settings made with JL Audio’s TüN app (PC and Mac) via USB, via Bluetooth (tablets and phones) with BTC Bluetooth option
- 3 Project Levels of tuning: Basic, Advanced, Expert
- input routing and mixing
- adjustable gain controls with clip indication
- fully adjustable high-pass, low-pass, and bandpass filters
- selectable filter slopes (6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48 dB/octave)
- 10-band EQ (graphic in Basic, parametric in Advanced and Expert modes)
- phase and polarity control
- time alignment in 0.02 ms (1/4″) increments
- 8 preamp/speaker-level inputs (configurable)
- speaker wire to RCA adapter required for speaker-level input
- high-level inputs — up to 16 volts RMS (about 60 watts)
- DC offset or signal sensing auto turn-on eliminates need for remote lead
- differential-balanced inputs eliminate noise coming from your vehicle’s electrical system
- 6 processed analog preamp outputs (4V RMS)
- JLid™ connections for optional Network Hub, Bluetooth Communicator, and Digital Remote Control with adapter
- USB connection for device running TüN app (6-foot cable included)
- wiring, fuse, and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 60-amp fuse recommended
- dimensions: 14″W x 2-1/8″H x 8-3/8″D
- weight: 5.6 lbs.