Kenwood Excelon DMX706S
Digital multimedia receiver (does not play CDs)
Out of stock
Revive your ride
If your drive has gotten dull, the Kenwood Excelon DMX706S multimedia receiver elicits a level of giddiness that’ll have you volunteering to do snack runs for the whole neighborhood. Upgrade your smartphone control with your choice of Android Auto™ or Apple CarPlay® and enjoy it on a customizable 6.95″ resistive touchscreen display. You’ll also have lots of music options, thanks to high-res audio playback and cool music service options. Want to stay wireless? Bluetooth makes it happen for hands-free calling and music streaming. Plus, Kenwood backs up their Excelon Series receivers with a 2-year warranty, and an incredibly shallow chassis makes installation less of a challenge for certain dashes.
The best smartphone integration
Plug in your Android™ or iPhone®, and you’ll Kenwood puts Apple CarPlay and Android Auto at your fingertips. You’ll get voice control access to your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and all your music. Best of all, the stereo’s touchscreen controls behave like your phone’s interface, so there’s no learning curve. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay and www.android.com/auto.
Bluetooth for everyone in the car
The DMX706S lets you pair two Bluetooth-equipped phones and quickly switch between them for hands-free calling — an excellent road trip convenience. And when you’re streaming music, Kenwood’s Music Mix lets you pair five phones so everybody can pick their tunes for an on-the-fly listening session.
A vivid display
These days, vehicle cameras are a must for safer driving, and Kenwood gives you two video inputs for front- and rear-view cameras. Kenwood also provides an electronic angle adjustment for the display, so you can tailor the screen’s contrast for the best viewing in your vehicle’s dash location. This Kenwood plays video content in bright, clear detail when you’re parked. When you’re on the road, you can entertain your passengers by sending a movie from the receiver to a rear-seat screen, while you enjoy your music up front.
More music options
Great news for audiophiles — this receiver supports high-res file playback of music stored on a USB drive. Do you use Pandora™ and Spotify™ all the time on your smartphone? This receiver makes it easy (Plus, there’s Apple Music for iPhones.) And if you’re looking for radio stations that won’t fade away as you leave the city limits, add a SiriusXM tuner (not included) to this Kenwood to enjoy satellite radio’s extensive programming wherever you may roam.
This receiver’s suite of sound-crafting tools includes a 13-band equalizer, deep crossover settings, and built-in digital time alignment. Bring back the depth and detail for all your digital music sources with this receiver’s processing power. If your car speakers are located down low in the doors, this receiver offers Stage EQ, which adjusts your music’s frequencies to virtually “raise” your speakers for better, more natural imaging.
The DMX706S also includes three pairs of 4-volt gold-plated RCA preamp outputs that provide an ultra-clean signal when it’s time to add amplifiers to your system. And if you’re building a 3-way system, this Excelon receiver gives you that next-level crossover capability.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras
The DMX706S offers compatibility you won’t find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you’d otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You’ll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood’s screen, even radar info from a compatible detector. Once you’ve identified your vehicle, you’ll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it’s compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you’re going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
You’ll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia player with AM/FM tuner
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, and FLAC music files
- 6.95″ Clear Resistive touchscreen display
- Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- electronic viewing angle display adjustment
- fits double-DIN (4″ tall) dash openings
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible (requires wired USB connection to your phone)
- built-in Bluetooth with dual phone connection for hands-free calling and music streaming
- display and command of select music, navigation, and other apps with iPhone and Android
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android; Apple Music control with iPhone only
- Siri Eyes Free control for select iPhones
- compatible with Google Assistant when using Android Auto
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control and rapid Android charging via USB port
- 13-band graphic EQ
- Drive EQ and digital signal processing
- 3-way crossover
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: rear USB input, rear A/V inputs (composite + mini), front- and rear-view camera inputs
- outputs: rear analog A/V output, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- works with iDatalink Maestro module
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
What’s in the box:
- Digital media receiver w/ fixed 6.95″ touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (attached)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- 6.5′ Parking brake wire (light green)
- Microphone w/ bracket (attached 10′ cable terminated by a right-angle mono 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Radio removal tools
- 6 Pan-head ISO-mount screws
- 6 Flat-head ISO-mount screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card