Kenwood Excelon DNX697S
Out of stock
Refresh your dash with great sound, directions, and more
The Kenwood Excelon DNX697S navigation receiver offers a simple yet compelling proposition: a wealth of handy features, seamless phone integration, impressive sonic performance, and spot-on directions, all in a handsome package. I could stop writing about the stereo right here, but something tells me you want to dig a little deeper. Very well — here’s a teaser before we get to the real reasons you want the DNX697S: the Excelon designation means you get a 2-year warranty, high-voltage preamp outputs, dual detachable rear USB inputs, and high-performance audio components that’ll keep your ears happy as you drive.
Keeps up with your smartphone so you don’t have to
Kenwood designed the DNX697S to work effortlessly with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. No matter which phone you (or your passengers) prefer, you can access the apps you need without getting distracted from the matter at hand — driving your vehicle. The DNX697S gives you fingertip or voice control of your apps, and its impressive 6.75″ resistive touchscreen display offers plenty of real estate to check out your sources and other important info — you can even customize the source button locations for easier access.
Find out more at www.android.com/auto and www.apple.com/ios/carplay. And even if you’re not into using Android Auto to access streaming services, you can still get control of select music apps (like Pandora and Spotify) through the receiver via a wireless Bluetooth connection.
Screen mirroring for iPhone® and Android™
If you’re not a fan of CarPlay or Android Auto, the DNX697S offers convenient screen mirroring for both iPhone and Android devices via wired USB connection. You’ll need to have the “Mirroring for Kenwood” app on your smartphone to take advantage of this feature. Once you’re up and running, you can see all the action from your phone right on the stereo’s display. With Android devices, you’ll also be able to control the phone via the stereo and vice-versa.
Stay on the right path with 3 years of Garmin map updates
Leave worries about getting lost behind, as the DNX697S supplies Garmin maps of the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands. You’ll also get reliable routing with spoken street names at turns, lane assistance, and realistic views of complicated intersections. 3D terrain views give you the lay of the land for even more assurance. You also get three years of free map updates from Garmin, so you’re sure to stay current as roads and destinations change down the line — these updates are only available via the Garmin Express app suite for PCs. Kenwood’s interface also provides more opportunities for split-screen control, so you can still follow the maps as the stereo shows you what’s playing or who’s calling.
5 years of free INRIX traffic reports
You’ll get a free 5-year subscription to INRIX traffic service, which provides quick updates on congestion along your route. You’ll need to have your smartphone with the app on it connected to the receiver to take advantage of these traffic updates. INRIX updates require an in-app purchase after the 5-year subscription ends.
Get more from your local stations with an HD Radio™ tuner
The DNX697S also features an HD Radio tuner. You’ll enjoy much-improved AM/FM sound quality when you’re tuned into a local participating station, and there’s no subscription required — just tune it in like a regular radio station.
Access your tunes how you want
This receiver will play all your CDs and DVDs, including discs loaded with music files, while an A/V input offers connection for more audio/video sources. Two rear USB inputs let you add audio from an iPod or flash drive, including high-resolution FLAC and WAV files. You also get a microSD card slot for playing digital music files and map updates.
Satellite radio delivers so many options
Why struggle with stations fading away as you travel? You can hook up a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included) to this receiver and access the wide variety of entertainment, sports, news, and commercial-free music satellite radio provides — and your favorite stations are always there. The DNX697S works with TuneMix, SportsFlash, and other new SiriusXM features, which give you even more customizable options for listening the way you want.
Hearing is believing
Kenwood equipped this Excelon receiver with custom-made or carefully curated sonic components — including three sets of gold-plated 5-volt preamp outputs — to deliver peak levels of audio performance. A 3-way crossover lets you adjust for separate highs, mids, and sub frequencies if you’re rocking a component system. Kenwood’s Drive EQ+ technology boosts certain frequencies that are easily masked by wind and tires rolling on asphalt. It also enhances your music’s bottom end as your speed increases, so you can really feel those tunes as you drive. You can also craft the sound to your ears’ content with a 13-band equalizer and other soundshaping tools at your disposal.
Cover the angles with up to three cameras
The DNX697S is capable of connecting up to three cameras so you can see more when you’re getting in and out of tight spots. If you’ve got a pair of rear-view cameras, you can reverse the image of the one up front to get a more precise picture. The receiver also features a dedicated input for Kenwood’s DRV-N520 Drive Recorder dash so you can capture your travels in high definition.
iDatalink Maestro lets you keep your factory extras — and add some upgrades
The DNX697S offers compatibility you won’t find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to the iDatalink Maestro module (not included). In a wide selection of vehicles, this module lets you keep factory features that you’d otherwise lose when you install a new radio. You’ll also be able to check out engine performance data and other vehicle info on the Kenwood’s screen. It’ll even integrate your stealth K40 RL200di radar detector into the stereo’s display, so you can see and hear about incoming threats. Once you’ve identified your vehicle, you’ll see the iDatalink module offered on the way to the Shopping Cart if it’s compatible.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver’s Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone’s Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our articles about Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you’re going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check “Details” for compatibility information.
You’ll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- DVD/CD navigation receiver
- 6.75″ clear resistive touchscreen
- built-in Garmin navigation system
- plays media loaded with MP3, WMA, AAC music files, plus high-res WAV and FLAC files
- fits double-DIN (4″ tall) dash openings
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- AM/FM tuner
- compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (wired connection)
- wired screen mirroring for iPhone and Android with “Mirroring for Kenwood” app
- music control and charging of Apple devices using the USB connections
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- compatible with Kenwood Remote S smartphone app for wireless source selection through your phone
- Garmin maps of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands, plus 6 million points of interest
- 3 years of Garmin map updates included with purchase (Garmin Express software suite for PC required)
- optional traffic reports available through INRIX smartphone app — 5-year subscription included with purchase (smartphone required)
- text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual road names at turns
- lane assistance and junction view
- 3D terrain view
- plays CDs, DVDs, USB memory devices, and microSD cards (see Details for full capabilities)
- Drive EQ boosts specific frequencies to overcome road noise
- 13-band EQ
- high- and low-pass filters and 3-way crossover
- digital time alignment, space enhancer, sound realizer, sound elevation, bass boost, and loudness
- dual-zone A/V output
- supports rear-view camera adjustable parking lines (optional camera required)
- audiophile-quality sonic circuitry including gold-plated preamp outputs
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: two rear detachable USB inputs; microSD card slot; rear A/V input (mini); two camera inputs; input for Kenwood DRV-N520 Drive Recorder
- outputs: video output (RCA) with audio output (mini-jack); 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- microSD card slot for map updates
- built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- compatible with iDatalink Maestro
- retains factory features in a wide selection of vehicles
- displays engine performance and other vehicle data on touchscreen